Show Me - Triangle Pretzels

Shape Up! Fun with Triangles and other Polygons, by David A. Adler is a must have for teaching children about polygons.  I've used this book before to inspire a maths session about triangles.

Children love the idea of using pretzels to make triangles...then break one side of the triangle, eat it and put the triangle back together.  What do you notice?  What is the same?  What is different?

While the children were exploring triangles with pretzels I had an iPad which was running via Reflector.  I filmed the children, so they could see what their fellow classmates were doing on the data projector.

My first session focused on making different triangles and getting the children to draw different triangles.

I made the ShowMe below, so children could watch this independently and use it for consolidation.

I also use this book to introduce right angled traingles....that's my next ShowMe to be made.

Click here to see more of my whiteboards using ShowMe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...