Bath Bomb Recipes

Basic Bath Bomb Recipe 1

1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
2 1/2 teaspoons of oil
8 - 12 drops of food colouring
5 mls of smell
Water or Witch hazel to mist

Sieve baking soda and citric acid.  It's like making muffins.  Add the dry all together. Then mix together the oil, colouring and smells.  Add this to the dry ingredients and mix quickly. Mist with distilled water or witch hazel until you get the correct consistency.

For a step by step guide to bath bombs click here.

Basic Bath Bomb Recipe 2

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornflour
1/2 cup citric acid
2 1/2 tablespoons of Grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil
Add you colour and smells
Water or witch hazel to mist


The Recipe I used in the movie below

1 cup baking soda
3/4 cup citric acid
1/4 to 1/2 sea salt and mineral salts mixed
1/2 cup cornflour
1/3 cup powdered milk
2 1/2 tablespoons to 3 of Grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon of essential oils
1/2 teaspoon of colouring
Petals from dried pansies
Water or Witch Hazel to mist

I played around the with the oil and colouring mixtures, like any cook does.  I went by the texture and smell - so sometimes you might need to add more smell or colouring.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the recipe, and they just look fantastic, thank you again, will try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you have fun making bath bombs!

      Delete
  2. Hello, I have never made them, your recipe looks like I could do this. Are they pretty hard/firm? I sell bath things at a local store, a lot of people touching them so was wondering if they hold together well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. They are usually quite firm, but I wrap them in plastic wrap (gladwrap, shrink wrap). Then I use a heat gun to shrink the plastic and to stop the bath bombs from absorbing moisture. It's a bit of trial and error to get the mix right, but after a few attempts you start to realize what the mixture should be like. Good luck making bath bombs!

      Delete
  3. Hello, I wanted to try this out and I have some questions: Is it safe to take a bath with these bath bombs? Which oil do you recommend?
    Thanks so much for uploading these recipes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your question. I've used grape seed oil in bath bombs, olive oil, and almond oil. I suppose if you have sensitive skin it might not like the essence you use or citric acid.

      Delete
  4. Are you supposed to use citric acid? and if you don't will it mess the bath bombs up if you don't???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the citric acid and baking soda that cause a reaction and produces the fizzing when the bath bomb goes into the water. I suppose you could leave out the citric acid, though your bath bomb wont' fizz when placed in water.

      Delete
  5. I love your video and recipes. I hope to make these for family christmas gifts. I never thought of using my heat gun for wrapping, but I will now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you be able to add a small bath bomb or the mix to melt and pour soap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I would suspect that the melt and poor mixture might react with the bath bomb and could start to fizz.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...